Heavy Equipment Technician - Mine Maintenance - Horizon Oil Sands
MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS -RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending forecasted at approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The Heavy Equipment Technician is a key member of the Mining Team and will support the Mine Maintenance goals and objectives by working together with the Field and Shop Maintenance Crews.
Utilize your heavy duty mechanical experience to focus on all of the maintenance requirements for designated heavy equipment such as:
o P&H 4100 Boss Cable Shovels
o O&K RH400 Shovels
o CAT 797B & 777D/F Haul Trucks
o 16H/M, 24H Motor Graders
o D11/D375/D155/D85 Dozers and Rubber Tire Dozers
o 992 & 988 Loaders
o PC1800 Backhoes
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair heavy equipment
• Utilize computerized and other testing equipment to determine repairs
• Make recommendations regarding repairs and methods for improvement
• Interpret and complete both scheduled and unscheduled Work Orders
• Create detailed service reports
• Contribute to the ongoing reliability of all heavy equipment and complete preventative maintenance requirements
• Test repaired equipment to verify proper maintenance
• Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work on heavy equipment as required
• Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with Grade 12 or GED
• Heavy Equipment Technician Journeyman Certificate in Alberta and/or an Interprovincial “Red Seal” Certificate
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s license
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Computer based Mine Maintenance Planning Program
o Microsoft Office suite
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Maintenance roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Maintenance
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Canadian Natural is one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world. The Company continually targets cost effective alternatives to develop our portfolio of projects and to deliver our defined growth plan, thereby creating value for shareholders.
We have an effective and efficient, diversified combination of assets in North America, the North Sea and Offshore Africa, which enables us to generate significant value, even in challenging economic environments.
Our balanced mix of natural gas, light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and associated upgrading facilities, represents one of the strongest and most diverse asset portfolios of any energy producer in the world.